This position is responsible for the company's performance in terms of growth and revenue. The Head of Sales & Marketing monitors the daily sales and marketing activities or work program of the organization. This position ordinarily reports directly to the CEO of the India subsidiary of the company, but will report to the MD in the interim. The incumbent is also responsible for influencing and providing support in post-sales servicing of clients. The incumbent monitors and resolves issues related to various aspects of the companys sales, marketing, and future sales expansion programs. The Head of Sales & Marketing, India and South Asia is directly responsible for identifying new potential markets for expansion initially in India and subsequently in South Asia. The incumbent will also contribute to product enhancement and new product development. As a senior team member, he/she supports the implementation of company policies and procedures and continuously seeks ways to improve them.
Key functions include but are not limited to:
- Creation and expansion of sales footprint
- Increase market footprint of the company.
- Develop and implement product positioning, packaging, and pricing strategy to increase market share - retail, institutional and government organisations - in the immediate and medium -term.
- Achieve satisfactory profit/loss ratio and market share
- Ensures effective control of sales and marketing results, and takes corrective action to guarantee expansion of sales footprint
- Prepare periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
- Identify business opportunities in select geographies in the stated target markets - currently India. Future plans include countries in South Asia
- Support in information gathering and evaluating business potential, to facilitate closure of new sales avenues.
- Ensure closing of negotiations and execution of sale, meeting with key clients, assisting sales representative with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
- Review and analyse sales performances against programs, quotes and plans to determine effectiveness.
- Plan and oversee advertising and promotion activities including print, digital media, and direct mail.
- Oversee and evaluate market research and adjusts marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
- Monitor competitor products, sales and marketing activities.
- Establish and maintain relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners.
- Direct sales forecasting activities and set performance goals accordingly.
- Provide the support necessary for other teams to deliver on customer service excellence strategies
- Build and maintain the reputation of the company as being fair market players
- Strategically build the ICube Brand
- Work closely with the management committee to strategize plan and deliver on brand building
- Establishes and maintains a consistent corporate image throughout all product lines, promotional materials, and events.
- Represents company at trade association meetings to promote product.
- Deliver on the companys business value proposition
- Ongoing management activities
- Develop and manage sales/marketing operating budgets.
- Plan, influence and agree the specific deliverables of sales teams to support the business plans and revenue targets of the company.
- Manage and deliver on revenue targets within budgets as agreed and set by the management committee of the company.
- Set and assign operational revenue goals for each sales executive/team; reward teams as appropriate based on achievement of targets
- Guide preparation of marketing activity reports presented to executive management.
- Conduct, and manage analysis of activities, pipeline, and forecast data to determine progress toward stated goals and objectives within the budgets established.
- Establish and monitor the business development targets ensuring that they meet the organizations targets
- Provide oversight and direction for all sales activities and services related to the scope of work.
- To recommend and advise changes in business plans to ensure efficiency and productivity
- The incumbent will also provide market intelligence to contribute to product enhancement and new product development.
- Identify work related challenges and implement appropriate solutions.
- Contribute to product research and development.
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Departmental operational and strategic planning, including staffing and fiscal management.
- Regular departmental planning and execution for delivery of business goals and objectives.
- Team management including support in hiring sales executives, implementing staffing strategy, mentoring and development of key team members
- Periodic team and individual performance review
- Periodic business performance review and management.
- Annual fiscal planning by analysing and organizing business development plans and strategies; putting in place processes and procedures to ensure all business development needs are met.
- Directs market channel development activity and coordinates sales distribution by establishing sales territories, quotas, and goals.
- Analyse and control expenditures of division to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Assists other departments within organization to prepare manuals and technical publications.
- Demonstrate competence and lead by example in building organization culture and delivering quality service
- Uphold organizations values and work within its framework
- Relevant business management qualifications
- 8-10 years of experience in business development, marketing and sales, of which at least three years needs to have been in a management capacity
- Experience in the IT/technology sales space essential
- Experience of selling HR related software/products, HR consulting will be a distinct advantage
- Strong eye for detail and an ability to anticipate and resolve issues ;a demonstrated capability of hands on problem solving with the ability to generate ideas and solutions
- Knowledge and experience with digital marketing and SEO management
- Proven leadership and people management skills. A team player with influencing skills to build a collaborative and inclusive culture in the company.
- Versatile communication skills; and ability to manage diverse organization structures and teams.
- Proven ability to analyse, forecast and set sales targets
- Strong customer service and people focus
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry:IT-Software / Software Services
Functional Area:Sales, Retail, Business Development
Role Category:Senior Management
Role:Head/VP/GM/National Manager -Sales
Employment Type:Permanent Job, Full Time
Desired Candidate Profile
Contact Company:GrowValue HR Solutions Private Limited
Reference Id:HD - SM